Sharing my encounter and a couple solutions on how to take care of the “Outlook is closing” issue
In the previous, I utilised an electronic mail shopper to entry my e-mails and my application of preference was Mozilla Thunderbird. I believe that that I have mentioned that a couple periods right here on the web site. I’ve long due to the fact presented up making use of email shoppers and prefer to use the internet edition in its place, especially for Gmail.
Even so, when I got the Dell Inspiron 5490 All-In-A single Desktop, 1 of the preinstalled software program was Microsoft Outlook. I have experimented with Outlook in the previous and considering that it was previously there, I made a decision that I would attempt utilizing it again.
Following a number of months of working with Outlook, I encountered an issue where the application wouldn’t near thoroughly. When I try to reopen or relaunch Outlook, very little takes place. When I checked the notification place, I observed a greyed-out icon and when I place the mouse in excess of it reveals “Outlook is closing“.
Outlook is Closing Temporary Take care of
The greatest remedy I experienced at that time was to destroy the process since restarting the pc took lengthier. To do that just do the pursuing measures:
- Press the Command-Alt-Delete keys at the same time
- Click on on Activity Supervisor (alternatively you can correct-simply click on the Home windows emblem and click Activity Supervisor)
- Simply click on the People tab
- Scroll down and glance for the process named Outlook.exe
- Choose Outlook.exe, proper-click, and click on on Stop job
Following adhering to this course of action, I was now equipped to restart or reopen Outlook.
Some people are indicating that the “Outlook is closing” issue is brought on by damaged or defective increase-ins but in my circumstance, I didn’t have any incorporate-ins installed so I’m not sure what may perhaps have brought about it. The actions I delivered higher than are just a non permanent repair and you would not want to hold undertaking it each solitary time Outlook doesn’t startup so I’m also heading to share with you some alternate methods I located on-line that are meant to deal with the situation permanently.
Outlook is Closing Substitute Methods
I no extended have to experience this problem due to the fact I stopped using Outlook. If you’re in this article to find a remedy to support correct the “Outlook is closing” issue, in this article are a couple of remedies you can test:
Create A New Outlook Profile
- Open the Outlook application
- Click on File, then click on + Add Account
- Stick to the prompts/ways and finish placing up your e-mail account
- Check if the concern has been fixed
Restore Business office App
- Open Control Panel
- Glance for Applications and simply click on Uninstall a method
- Scroll down and look for Microsoft 365, correct-click on and click on Improve
- Select either Speedy Restore or On the web Repair
- Observe the guidance on the display screen to full the mend
- Verify if the problem has been solved
Disable Damaged Outlook Include-Ins
- Push the Windows symbol + R button to open up the Run command dialog box
- Sort in outlook /secure and push Enter
- This will start off the Outlook application in safe and sound mode
- On the menu bar, click on on File and pick Alternatives to open the Possibilities wizard
- Subsequent, click on the Include-ins tab
- Scroll down to the base and look for the Deal with segment, click on on the Go button
- Make certain to uncheck all readily available Increase-ins and click Alright to preserve changes
- Relaunch Outlook and test if the challenge has been resolved
If the options over unsuccessful to solve the difficulty, there is a further solution that will involve fixing corrupt facts data files.
Mend Corrupt Outlook Knowledge File
- Push the Home windows symbol + E button to open up Windows Explorer
- On the address bar, style in C:System FilesMicrosoft OfficerootOffice16*
- Track down the file SCANPST.EXE and operate (double-click) it
- Enter or form in the path and file title of the .pst file** that you want to restore and click on Begin
- When the process is finished, click the Mend button
- Check out if the challenge has been solved
*If you can’t locate the SCANPST.EXE file in the spot delivered higher than, you can discover it by next these actions:
- Run Microsoft Outlook
- Open Undertaking Supervisor and identify the Microsoft Outlook process
- Correct-simply click on Microsoft Outlook and click on on Open up file locale
- Home windows Explorer will open the folder wherever Outlook is put in
- Scroll down and appear for the SCANPST.EXE file
**If you do not know how to find the .pst file, verify out this url.
As I pointed out earlier, I really do not have to offer with this problem any more since I stopped using Outlook. I decided to share this to assistance any person dealing with the same challenge. With any luck , one of the advised alternatives will assistance.
If you know of an alternative option apart from the kinds stated in this submit that fixes the “Outlook is closing” situation, remember to share it with us so that we can incorporate it here and enable persons out.
Did you locate this write-up useful? If you did, you should click on on the Sure button under the “Was This Post Practical?” segment and by sharing it on social media applying the share icons under the put up title.